Edgewise Therapeutics is a biotechnology company harnessing proven expertise and understanding of skeletal muscle physiology to develop novel, transformative therapies for serious muscle diseases. Based in Boulder, Colorado, we have built a state-of-the-art muscle research facility to capitalize on new insights into the nature and consequences of muscle adaptation and injury with disease. We have recently added a small lab facility in Portland, Oregon. Edgewise recently completed an IPO which will support the advancement of Edgewise Therapeutic’s lead product candidate into clinical development for Duchenne and Becker Muscular Dystrophy (DMD and BMD) as well as expansion of the company’s pipeline. The company’s leadership team has founded multiple biotechnology startups, several of which have gone on to become publicly-traded companies and brings to bear a depth of experience in drug discovery, development and commercialization.
We offer an excellent compensation package including competitive base salary, discretionary bonus, company ownership and comprehensive benefits. Edgewise also offers the opportunity to be part of a small, collaborative and passionate biotech team
Edgewise is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All employment offers are contingent upon the applicant successfully completing a background screen.
If you are interested in an open position, please select the position below and upload your resume. We look forward to hearing from you.
Recruiters: Edgewise does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies for our position. Please do not send resumes to Edgewise employees or the company location. Edgewise is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
About the Position
Edgewise is seeking an ambitious synthetic medicinal chemist, eager to contribute to the discovery of novel small-molecule drugs. As a Scientist in Medicinal Chemistry you will be responsible for the efficient design and synthesis of novel compounds for ongoing and emerging projects, identification and application of SAR to compound design, and team-driven optimization of clinical candidates. Responsibilities will also include management of CRO-driven collaborations, translation to large scale chemistries of successful candidates, and contribution to patent and publication preparation.
- Utilize synthetic organic chemistry to investigate, identify, develop, and optimize methods
- Initiate and execute the design, synthesis, purification and characterization of organic small molecules via multi-step synthesis
- Propose and explore alternative synthetic routes and synthetic strategies, troubleshoot reactions and multistep reaction sequences
- Generation of new scientific synthetic and medicinal chemistry proposals for lead optimization efforts
- Contribute ideas for novel small molecules based on SAR, X-Ray crystallography and scientific literature
- Oversee and effectively manage CRO chemists
- Maintain close collaborations with fellow chemists and researchers across disciplines in a team environment
- Maintain a command of relevant scientific literature and incorporate into individual project(s) as well as the overall program
- Engage in medicinal chemistry discussions, prepare and present research results in chemistry and project team meetings
- Prepare and deliver scientific presentations and data to colleagues within and outside the company
- Maintain clear, detailed, and up-to-date records of research using electronic laboratory notebooks
Education, Experience, Skills:
- Masters, PhD in Organic Chemistry or related field with typically, 8-10+ (MS) or 0-4+ (PhD) years of experience; Postdoctoral or pharmaceutical industry experience desirable
- Understanding of ADME, physicochemical properties, and principles of medicinal chemistry
- Demonstrate the ability to resolve key scientific hurdles by effectively utilizing available information and technical expertise
- Exceptional communication skills; ability to develop, implement and clearly communicate chemistry strategies and progress to team
- Build strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of teams to enable high performance
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and effectively in a team-oriented, multidisciplinary environment
- Familiarity with safe and efficient laboratory practices
- General scientific computer and software application proficiency
Salary range: $80,000 – $140,000. Salary will depend on experience level.
About the Position
Reporting to the Vice President, Clinical Development Operations, the Proposal and Contract Associate will be responsible for the full life cycle of CRO and vendor proposals, contracts, and change orders.
The Proposal and Contract Associate will work directly with legal, finance, and all operations falling under Clinical Development.
- Create documents and prepare materials for requests for proposals (RFPs)
- Liaise with subject matter experts to establish project-specifics as well as obtain data, text, and review of proposed budgets
- Ensure the scope of work is defined correctly and reflected in the study budget
- Accurately record actual units for corresponding period of performance of all projects
- Accurately record data in required systems and generate routine financial project reports
- Monitor the total project cash position including pass-through costs and outstanding invoices
- Working directly with the CRO or vendor, develop required change orders and facilitate approval process with Edgewise depts.
- Provide additional administrative support related to proposals and contracts as requested
Education, Experience, Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience developing RFPs and change orders in biotech or small pharma
- Proficiency in MS Office with expertise in Excel, databases, and accounting systems
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to adapt in a fast-paced, deadline oriented and growing company
- Proactive person, metrics driven, and goal oriented with a strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of general corporate business practices and contracting principles
This position is remote/work from home with potential for some frequency of commuting to office in/around Boston, MA. Ideal candidates reside in MA but qualified candidates in New England area are encouraged to apply.
Salary range: $55,000 to $85,000. Salary will depend on experience level.
About the Position
The Animal Care Technician is responsible for providing exceptional animal care to the research animals at Edgewise Therapeutics. This includes performing daily husbandry and care and of laboratory animals as well as daily small animal dosing. The right candidate will be a self-motivated individual capable of working to time-sensitive deadlines while maintaining industry standards in accordance with Edgewise’s standard operating procedures. We are looking for a motivated, hardworking individual with a positive work ethic and a passion for working with animals. This position will require working rotating weekends, holidays, and overtime.
Animal Care Technician
The Animal Care Technician is responsible for providing exceptional animal care to the research animals at Edgewise. This includes performing daily husbandry and care and of laboratory animals as well as daily small animal dosing.
The Animal Care Technician is also responsible for performing animal technical procedures and providing animal study support with supervision. The Animal Care Technician will work as part of a team conducting routine procedures required for vivarium operation. Individuals must demonstrate strong communication skills and be able to work efficiently in individual and team settings.
- Provide food, water, and clean housing to rodents according to SOPs
- Perform daily health observations with demonstrated ability to recognize and report abnormalities and common signs of illness.
- Handle and restrain rodents
- Assist with and perform small animal dosing by various routes of administration (e.g. SC, IP, PO, IV)
- Assist our in vivo research team by carrying out study setup and support activities as directed
- Maintain accurate records (e.g. documentation of various facility procedures & metrics
- Perform routine facility sanitation procedures; maintain a clean, clutter-free facility
- Prepare and stock room supplies as needed
- Monitor and record facility environmental parameters
- Perform euthanasia and necropsy procedures as directed
- Operate husbandry-related equipment (air flow hoods, etc.) using approved procedures
- Maintain work area in an organized, clean, and safe condition
- Other duties as assigned
Skills, Experience and Other Requirements:
- Must be able to work in a laboratory setting with direct exposure to/handling of laboratory animals
- Overtime and weekend work as required
- May work with potentially hazardous substances not limited to known /potential teratogens or carcinogens
- Work will require PPE (personal protective equipment)
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks quickly and efficiently
- Accurately calculate and record numbers
- Good teamwork skills
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to perform all physical aspects required of position including periodic lifting items up to 50 lbs. and moving racks or large items on wheels
- Demonstrated ability to communicate
- Computer proficiency (Microsoft Word and Excel)
Standard Shifts Available Include:
- Wednesday – Sunday (preferred)
- Flexibility in standard shift scheduling may be available if willing to work weekends.
- Shift starts at 7:30am
- Flexibility in standard shift scheduling may be available if willing to work weekends if consistent start time can be maintained with other animal technicians.
Starting pay is $20.00 – $27.00/hour depending on experience
About the Position
Edgewise is looking for a self-motivated scientist who wants to advance drug discovery programs into the clinic. You will have an opportunity to be a functional area lead developing novel sarcomere targeting small molecule modulators in rare skeletal and genetic cardiac diseases. We are looking for a teammate who shares our passion for drug discovery and seeks a scientifically rigorous and collaborative environment. Role: You will be the functional area representative for DMPK on multidisciplinary discovery project teams. As a member of the discovery team, you will work cross-functionally and as needed with external CROs. The successful candidate will actively contribute to the generation and assessment of study results that support our discovery efforts.
- Coordinate in vitro ADME and in vivo pharmacokinetic studies with our CRO partners.
- Analysis, interpretation, integration, and reporting of pharmacokinetic data and pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamic (PK/PD) data to support discovery/preclinical projects.
- Participate and contribute to discovery/preclinical development project teams.
- Assist in design and execute preclinical studies to understand ADME characteristics of drug candidates.
- Ability to independently review and summarize results.
- Clear communication of ADME/PK results at project team meetings and other meetings as needed.
- Author regulatory documents to support FIH programs
- Ph.D. (or equivalent degree plus years’ experience) in Pharmacokinetics, Pharmacology, Pharmaceutics, Engineering or other relevant field with >3 years of experience in the biopharmaceutical industry
- Strong knowledge of drug metabolism, ADME concepts, pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamic and bioanalytical principles.
- Proficient knowledge of ADME/DMPK assays and assessments used in drug discovery and drug development (e.g., in vitro stability, DDI, preclinical pharmacokinetics, and in vitro and in vivo correlations, etc.).
- Experience in PK and or PK/PD analysis using WinNonlin.
- Experience in serving on project teams in early discovery.
- Previous experience working with external CROs.
- Working knowledge of IND and regulatory submissions is helpful.
- Articulate, open communicator (both oral and written) with the ability to analyze, interpret and present data in a clear manner
Salary range: $80,000 – $140,000, title and salary commensurate with experience
About the Position
The Program Management function sits within Clinical Development at Edgewise Therapeutics and is responsible for strategic program and portfolio management of all preclinical and clinical-stage programs from lead nomination to licensure. Edgewise is seeking an experienced and motivated leader to define and execute strategy and development plans in partnership with cross-functional teams.
Reporting directly into the Chief Medical Officer, the Head of Program Management will be responsible for understanding the Company’s candidate drug pipeline and optimize program execution while mitigating risks and planning for contingencies. They will facilitate an innovative program management model, leveraging infrastructure, tools and technologies to maximize productivity and reporting on Edgewise programs. With expectations of continued growth, emphasis will be placed on the recruitment, development and accountability of a high performing team capable of working across all clinical programs. In addition, this role will establish Program Management best practices as applied to R&D programs across the portfolio.
The successful candidate will have deep program management experience across a complex portfolio, and multiple phases of clinical development including preclinical through late stages (Phase 3, submission, post-authorization, and lifecycle management).
The ideal candidate will demonstrate expertise in the following key areas:
- Create a center of excellence for project management at Edgewise and deploy cutting edge practices, tools and technologies, including the implementation and/or optimization of core Program Management measures for reporting, tracking, budget creation and management, integration across functional areas, scenario-planning, and risk mitigation and management.
- Understand and inspire the big picture of drug development program strategy, operations and cross-functional interdependencies in order to develop efficiencies and create a model for the integration and execution of programs across the organization.
- Leverage understanding of the development pipeline to assure alignment with executive management, cross- functional stakeholders, and enterprise priorities.
- Be a thought partner to the senior management team to problem-solve, implement strategies that drive maximum potential realization, and shape the direction of the program.
- Define program strategy in collaboration with functional leaders from candidate selection through key clinical milestones; drive program strategy with continuous focus on innovative approaches and improvement
- Manage programs and drive effective decision-making at the Development Team Level through:
- Proactively identifying and escalating gaps and challenges.
- Managing the team through scenario planning to solve problems.
- Summarizing complex topics into critical points and proactive communication that is outcome and solution-driven.
- Effective meeting management, communication, and oversight of action item completion and decision tracking.
- Communicate program strategies, status, risks, mitigation strategies clearly and concisely to executive management
- Masters degree with 10+ years of experience in a biotechnology or pharmaceutical setting, Ph.D. preferred.
- Project/program management training or certification preferred
- Extensive drug development knowledge and ability to work across key functional areas to understand, define, and execute innovative programs
- Demonstrated experience leading cross functional project teams across the spectrum of early preclinical programs to late-stage clinical programs including strong interpersonal skills in order to influence and motivate others towards a common goal
- Expertise with critical project management tools, software, and implementation strategies to establish processes and practices to efficiently move programs forward, capture and store data and decisions. Previous experience building, managing and leading high performing teams, coaching and mentoring others to enhance performance and/or facilitate career progression.
- Adaptive leadership style and ability to influence team direction without formal reporting authority.
- Ability to work in a fluid environment and foster a strong collaborative spirit internally and externally.
- Strong EQ and personal skills to influence without authority, motivate others and manage conflict
Salary range: $200,000 – $300,000, title and salary commensurate with experience
About the role:
Accounting role with a broad range of duties including oversight of the accounting department. Duties include designing, implementing, and maintaining appropriate financial controls, systems, and reporting; financial reporting to investors and Board of Directors; providing strategic input in support of financial objectives; and assist with drafting of and complying with company policies, directives, and GAAP/SEC regulatory reporting requirements.
- Assist with risk management, including designing and implementing controls
- Maintain a system of accounting records and documentation of internal controls
- Responsible for fixed asset and lease accounting, including accounting for build out of new facility and coordination with multiple functional teams to ensure accurate fixed asset and lease accounting records.
- Supports equity administration, including maintenance of stock option records and stock compensation calculations.
- Assist in developing accruals for outsourced R&D studies
- Assists in the preparation of the monthly and quarterly financial packages for management
- Assist in preparation of SEC filings including 10-Q and 10-K.
- Assists the Controller with any ad hoc projects as assigned, such as research, reporting, and system implementations, projects, etc.
Participate in budgeting and forecasting activities
- Ensure the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results
- Ensure the integrity, accuracy, and timeliness of corporate financial reporting including internal and external financial reports, annual audits, technical memos, and various other stakeholder reporting requirements
- Establish and maintain systems and controls that verify the integrity of all systems, processes, and data and enhance the company’s value
- Assist in preparation of materials and reports for Audit Committee and Board of Directors
- Evaluate, recommend, and implement accounting and budgeting technology systems and recommend ongoing improvements
- Management and review of the payroll and associated expenses, including payroll taxes
- Administer company 401(k) plan including all compliance and reporting
- Recommend and report metrics for measuring the financial and operating performance of company departments
- Advise management on the accounting implications of certain transactions, budget variances/trends, and on issues related to risk management, expense control, operational improvement, and financial strategy
- Collaborate with management on establishing corporate objectives, plans, and forecasts; and developing and implementing corporate financial strategies (posting bullets through here)
- Proactively identify areas of improvement and lead initiatives to recommend and implement change
- Work across internal departments to maintain credibility, trust, and support of employees and other stakeholders
- Perform additional duties as requested by supervisor
Education, Experience, Skills:
- BS in Accounting or Finance
- Licensed CPA
- 5+ years of growing responsibility experience in public accounting/finance, preferably in Pharma/Biotech environment
- Comprehensive knowledge of US GAAP and complex accounting issues
- Knowledge of NetSuite or similar ERP
- Knowledge of Coupa or similar procurement systems
- Knowledge of Shareworks or similar equity management systems
- Experience working in a SOX controlled environment
- Experience conducting internal & external audits
- Experience with flux analysis and SEC reporting
Salary range: $90,000 – $140,000. Title and salary are commensurate with experience level.
Edgewise is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our offers are contingent on background check and education verification.
Edgewise does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies for this position. Please do not send resumes to Edgewise employees or the company location. Edgewise is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
About the position:
Reporting to the Vice President of Discovery and Translational Pharmacology, the Director/Senior Director, Head of Toxicology will be responsible for running Edgewise Therapeutics’ Toxicology program.
- Design and oversee non-GLP and GLP nonclinical toxicology and safety pharmacology studies to advance our pipeline of small molecule therapeutics for global submissions in adults and pediatric populations
- Works closely with internal groups such as Pharmacology, DMPK, CMC, Regulatory Affairs, Clinical Development, and Project Management, and actively participates in team strategy discussions
- Analyzes, interprets, summarizes, and presents nonclinical safety data to internal teams and leadership
- Authors / reviews safety pharmacology and toxicology sections of global regulatory documents for IND and post-IND stage programs and acts as a nonclinical point of contact for any information requests
- Manage contracts and coordinate activities with CROs; Serve as study monitor
- Ph.D. in toxicology, pharmacology, physiology, biology, or related discipline
- 10+ years of preclinical safety experience in the pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry experience
- Demonstrated expertise in nonclinical study design and management with small molecule drug candidates
- Experience with pre-IND through Phase 1-3 programs and associated regulatory filings
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent team management skills
Salary range: $180,000 to $250,000. Level and salary will depend on experience level.